Search this site
Order by clicking cover
Navigating this site
This site accompanies the travel guide The Rough Guide to First-Time Africa. It's not an alternative to the book, but includes samples of the contents, a blog page and the opportunity to comment on posts and pages and put questions to the authors.
Static web pages ("The book", "The authors" etc) are tabbed up on the left beneath the photo of Lamu waterfront. Blog posts all appear on the "Home" page, at the far left, with the most recent post at the top. Each blog post is tagged with subject and/or country categories, allowing you to access the posts you're interested in using the Category dropdown menu, below.
Last 10 blog posts
- British tourist, visitor and resident deaths in Africa: 325 people in 12 months out of more than 3 million British visitors
- Surprised 2174 Brits died abroad of “unknown causes” in 2010: new figures from the FCO
- Accidents abroad: Britons killed in Africa
- Britons murdered in Africa: very few indeed
- Improved security in the Sahel: military escorts dropped in northern Niger
- Rodrigues on the radio
- KCB Safari Rally 2011 – take care on those roads!
- The Lake of Stars Festival
- Zambia travel update
- Cycling in Uganda
Archive of all blog posts
Subjects and countries
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: AQIM
This story about travelling in Niger, by the Xinhua press agency, “No more convoys under military escort in order to travel in the North”, is highly significant, if it’s entirely true. It says the routes radiating between Agadez and Arlit … Continue reading