It sounds like it might resume in October.
Search this site
Order by clicking cover
Navigating this site
This site accompanies the travel guide The Rough Guide to First-Time Africa. It's not an alternative to the book, but includes samples of the contents, a blog page and the opportunity to comment on posts and pages and put questions to the authors.
Static web pages ("The book", "The authors" etc) are tabbed up on the left beneath the photo of Lamu waterfront. Blog posts all appear on the "Home" page, at the far left, with the most recent post at the top. Each blog post is tagged with subject and/or country categories, allowing you to access the posts you're interested in using the Category dropdown menu, below.
Last 10 blog posts
- British tourist, visitor and resident deaths in Africa: 325 people in 12 months out of more than 3 million British visitors
- Surprised 2174 Brits died abroad of “unknown causes” in 2010: new figures from the FCO
- Accidents abroad: Britons killed in Africa
- Britons murdered in Africa: very few indeed
- Improved security in the Sahel: military escorts dropped in northern Niger
- Rodrigues on the radio
- KCB Safari Rally 2011 – take care on those roads!
- The Lake of Stars Festival
- Zambia travel update
- Cycling in Uganda
Archive of all blog posts
Subjects and countries
- Kenya's elections were a sham, or worse. Far from resolved. twitter.com/solohubenko/st… 3 days ago
- Leavers talking about frictionless borders don’t make any sense. Leaving the EU by definition means building physic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Worth reading the replies in this thread for a sense of what most Kenyans actually feel about their president. Sham… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Incredibly beautiful and dramatic ballet interpretation of #Shakespeare #TheWintersTale on a snowy night in #KinstonuponThames #ROHtale 3 weeks ago
- Big news from #Ilngwesi and #Lewaconservancy - fence coming down between them establishing a new #rhino sanctuary i… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Do read this outstanding piece of work - a fascinating slant on a huge, misunderstood country. #Algeria twitter.com/brkinibeachrio… 1 month ago
- The way social media is transforming our lives constantly outpaces our readiness to deal with the consequences. Thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Absolutely wonderful stuff, especially close up on the live screen! #ROHTosca twitter.com/leonora1/statu… 1 month ago
- Loved this completely off the wall choice "New Potatoes" by @charltonbrooker on #DesertIslandDiscs twitter.com/jfderry/status… 2 months ago
- RT @TCDRichmond: Merry Christmas! Our guests were amazing & we loved celebrating the day with them 🎄Spending the day together and share som… 2 months ago