It sounds like it might resume in October.
Search this site
Order by clicking cover
Navigating this site
This site accompanies the travel guide The Rough Guide to First-Time Africa. It's not an alternative to the book, but includes samples of the contents, a blog page and the opportunity to comment on posts and pages and put questions to the authors.
Static web pages ("The book", "The authors" etc) are tabbed up on the left beneath the photo of Lamu waterfront. Blog posts all appear on the "Home" page, at the far left, with the most recent post at the top. Each blog post is tagged with subject and/or country categories, allowing you to access the posts you're interested in using the Category dropdown menu, below.
Last 10 blog posts
- British tourist, visitor and resident deaths in Africa: 325 people in 12 months out of more than 3 million British visitors
- Surprised 2174 Brits died abroad of “unknown causes” in 2010: new figures from the FCO
- Accidents abroad: Britons killed in Africa
- Britons murdered in Africa: very few indeed
- Improved security in the Sahel: military escorts dropped in northern Niger
- Rodrigues on the radio
- KCB Safari Rally 2011 – take care on those roads!
- The Lake of Stars Festival
- Zambia travel update
- Cycling in Uganda
Archive of all blog posts
Subjects and countries
- RT @MrRae1000: more of this ... twitter.com/vincecable/sta… 1 day ago
- Yes please to a progressive alliance for the UK. Forget party politics. The disaster of #Brexit is too catastrophic to contemplate. #bbcaq 3 days ago
- RT @ZazaLogik: Think the Brit situation so serious, Lab, Lib, Greens and others need to form a progressive alliance against the right. Othe… 6 days ago
- RT @nimrod188: #GE17 is a Lib/Lab anti-Brexit alliance really out of the question when the stakes are so high and the NHS is on the point… 6 days ago
- RT @MQ41Earls: @matthaig1 Or a Lab-Lib-Green progressive alliance? Based on soft Brexit, targeted voting in swing seats. 48% have place to… 6 days ago
- RT @MQ41Earls: @timfarron Would you consider a Lib-Lab-Green progressive alliance during GE campaign to halt hard Brexit and prevent Tory l… 6 days ago
- RT @_JamesFox: right then. WE NEED A PROGRESSIVE ALLIANCE. LAB/LIB/GREEN/SNP/PLAID. KICK THE TORIES OUT ON JUNE 8th 🖖 6 days ago
- RT @tonyberkeley1: Time for an anti-Tory anti-BREXIT alliance to beat May's lurch towards Trump-land. Better bury our differences Lab Lib… 6 days ago
- RT @TheEnglishLeft: This is the time for electoral alliances. We need a Lab, Lib, Plaid, SNP, Green alliance now. Party politics is dead. #… 6 days ago
- RT @atilatstokbroka: PROGRESSIVE ALLIANCE! One candidate from Lab, Lib Dems or Greens against the Tories in every seat. That's the way to… 6 days ago