I’m delighted that the new Rough Guide: First-Time Africa will be published on 1 April 2011.
Search this site
Order by clicking cover
Navigating this site
This site accompanies the travel guide The Rough Guide to First-Time Africa. It's not an alternative to the book, but includes samples of the contents, a blog page and the opportunity to comment on posts and pages and put questions to the authors.
Static web pages ("The book", "The authors" etc) are tabbed up on the left beneath the photo of Lamu waterfront. Blog posts all appear on the "Home" page, at the far left, with the most recent post at the top. Each blog post is tagged with subject and/or country categories, allowing you to access the posts you're interested in using the Category dropdown menu, below.
Last 10 blog posts
- British tourist, visitor and resident deaths in Africa: 325 people in 12 months out of more than 3 million British visitors
- Surprised 2174 Brits died abroad of “unknown causes” in 2010: new figures from the FCO
- Accidents abroad: Britons killed in Africa
- Britons murdered in Africa: very few indeed
- Improved security in the Sahel: military escorts dropped in northern Niger
- Rodrigues on the radio
- KCB Safari Rally 2011 – take care on those roads!
- The Lake of Stars Festival
- Zambia travel update
- Cycling in Uganda
Archive of all blog posts
Subjects and countries
- I've just joined the campaign against bad trade deals with Trump which put our NHS and food standards at risk. Will… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- It’s worth remembering that with a turnout of 37% of people who were eligible to vote, the actual results as a perc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Looks like my optimism was misplaced. Shame on Kenya High Court that it didn’t #Repeal162 but chose to keep the law… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- I bet he’s written the speech already. Question is will we be able to get rid of him after he’s done it? “Only Bori… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago